Thursday, January 30, 2014

Kentucky College Proposes New student Construction Fee

According to Kentucky.com, the Kentucky Community and Technical College System is hoping to initiate a student fee for its proposed construction projects throughout its 16 colleges statewide.  The proposed construction amount is $145 million .  This mandatory student fee would be the first time its being enacted in the college's 17-year history. 

The fee would pay for the issuance of a bond that will cover payment of 75% for each project.  The college will be responsible for the other 25%, totaling a total of $49 million. 

The project involves the renovation and expansion at the 16 sites statewide.

No comments:

Post a Comment